Pages

Friday 27 January 2017

Proud Guest at A Vintage Journey - Going Round in Circles


Hi all,

So proud to have been asked to contribute over at A Vintage Journey, it's my first time as a Guest there, and I couldn't be happier!  The theme this month is 'Going Round in Circles', and I went 'small' for this one!

The matchbox was treated inside, and on the top, with DecoArt Media Crackle paste.  Once dry I painted in Media fluid acrylics in Prussian blue hue, and Quinacridone gold, using a wash of each colour, and letting one dry in area's before adding the other.  This gave a distressed old look.


I stamped the postmark and stain stamps in raw umber paint.  And dripped more quinacridone gold down the sides of the box.

The crackle and antiquing process was repeated onto a simple piece of card, to use in the circular necklace.


I cut the card to fit my circle bezel, glued and sealed with matte medium.  I stamped the Toxic word in raw umber onto a piece of card, and aged with quin gold.  Some cogs were added and glued in place, and then resin was added to dome in the bezel.



Inside of the matchbox and underneath were also aged, and the necklace fits perfectly to give as a gift.

I so enjoyed making this and following the theme, don't forget to check out the rest of the projects over on A Vintage Journey's blog.

Best Wishes,

Nikki
xxx

Products used:

Media Crackle Paint
Media Fluid Acrylics - prussian blue hue, quinacridone gold, raw umber.
Stampendous/Andy Skinner Stamps - Toxic, Shabby
IndigoBlu - Diamond Resin
Matchbox, bezel, chain & cogs from stash.









16 comments:

  1. That's really lovely Nikki and just my style - June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful pieces Nikki. Love that colour combo, it works so well with the crackle effect.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, stunning 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this pair! I saw your GDT post on A Vintage Journey and had to come in for a closer look. Fabulous colors and crackle and a really cool way to present that awesome pendant! Congratulations on your GDT spot--they are fortunate to have you! I'm your newest stalker...um follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well maybe not...I'm getting Forbidden message. Perhaps I can try again later.

      Delete
    2. Hi Sara, both messages got through, sorry about that, have no idea why you were getting messages. Thank you so much. xx

      Delete
  5. Love the wonderful crackle you achieved - such a lovely box and gift to fit inside! Thanks for the how to steps! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful nikki - loving that crackle and the colours are fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Nikki, what a gorgeous pair of creations these are! I absolutely love the crackle and rusty elements on the matchbox and your pendant is stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the crackle and colours, just gorgeous! Really super cool necklace! What a wonderful gift. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.