Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

Bargain Shops!

Hi again,

I've been quiet on the blog front, but busy on the work and spending front!

Workwise, Fairy Elephant Design has been advertised in the June edition of Vogue magazine, and even more exciting to me, in Making Jewellery's August edition out now, in the reader's section, with a whole third of a page.  So proud!

On the shopping front, just wanted to share some knowledge, if you are in wales (living or visiting), and can jump on the coastal train, all the way up to Pwthwelli, and back down to Machynlleth, there are some fab bargains to be had.

In Pwthwelli there is a lovely craft shop, and downstairs all manner of art and craft supplies, it's worth seeking out, although I didn't grab the name, it should be easy to ask for.  I could of got lost in there. . .

And in Machynlleth, there are lots of second hand shops, vintage market stalls (weds), and an amazing fabric shop with a great sale on (currently - so hurry!). 

The shops aren't hard to find, and it's more fun wandering round each one I say!

I bought some vintage postcards, water paintbrush, artists pastels, card, buttons, books, acrylic & watercolour paints, fabric (fat quarters), vintage sheet music. . . .oh so much to play with!!!!

Check back soon to see some results. . All I need now is a sewing maching. . . and Sizzix Big shot machine. . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.