Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Torn and Tattered. .

Over at Craft Stamper Magazine there is a new 'Take It, Make It' challenge, where you can win fab prizes and if you win, see your work in the magazine!  The inspiration for this months challenge is by Helen Chilton, and it's her Terrific Tearing article which is on page 78 of the May issue.

I immediately sprung to life when I got my copy, as there's nothing more fun than a bit of ripping and tearing to make you feel great, especially if it's allowed!

This is my finished card for the challenge, it uses Papermania Kraft Basics 12 x 12 papers, and Papermania Urban Stamps (Bird Print).  The number's paper is called Mackenzie by Kanban, and was from the lovely Pink Tulip Creations.  The embellishments are all from Indigoblu (cogs, wire heart).  I have used Tim Holtz Distress ink in Black Soot around the edges of my torn paper.  And the glitter is from http://www.glittermagic.co.uk/, it's anti-static and a really lovely glitter to use, it doesn't stick to the stuff you don't want it to! 


I stamped the central image on white cardstock, and distressed it slightly.  The frame was torn, and I added a peeled back 'door' with fastening.  The cardstock is all distresssed, the flower's are printed with music from the same stamp set, and the main large flower is hand torn and layered.

There is still plenty of time to enter as the competition has only just started, and you have two months to enter, so pop across to Craft Stamper and have a go yourself!

Best Wishes,

Nikki xx
 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, this looks fab and you have inspired me to have a go....not sure if mine will be good enough to enter though.....
    Hope you are well ....catch up soon....hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo your cards and art are always beautiful, you have a great eye for what looks good. I'm nowhere near sure of my entry, but if I don't enter, I won't know, and I won't get better or learn. xx

      Delete
  2. Love the little padlock on the torn strip and the muted colour palette - great job! Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great - beautiful card - love the cool colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lena, and thank you for your visit. x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful piece of work. I love the simple colour scheme it's so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaine, it wasn't intentional - lol, always the best way! I just love the number paper from Kanban, only bought one sheet and used it about five minutes after getting it :}

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous Nikki,the simple colour palette really works wonderfully well! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish, many thanks for the kind comment :)

      Delete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.