Pages

Thursday 5 January 2017

DecoArt & Hochanda shows and Happy New Year..

Morning all,

I hope your New Year has started well, there has been a bit of sadness over the last month and even into this year for a few people I know, so thoughts are with those less fortunate as well.

I just wanted to share some of my makes from the Hochanda show's on Monday.  I had a brilliant time with the fab new 2oz chalk paints from DecoArt, and the multi-surface, Dazzling Metallics and GlamourDust paints!  Like a kid in a sweet shop.  Not forgetting the lovely new Tando pack made up for me!

So this little media board gave me a new technique, as I'd already stencilled it with DecoArt's Scribbles stencil, and left it to one side a while ago.  I painted it with the 'restore' chalk paint, (they all come in new 2oz bottles for crafting now!) and then added the chalk crackle.  When I came to put the top coat on, I noticed that the crackle followed some of the stencilling, and gave a really cool effect.
 

I then crackled the Tando heart, using Lace and Romance chalk paints, and painted and stamped the smaller heart in opposite colours.  The wings are painted in Dazzling Metallics Venetian Gold, and the edges of the board dabbed with it on my fingers.  

This little daisy tag was similar, the crackle followed the stencil, and cracked more between the daisy's than on top!   I repainted the daisy's in separate colours, multi-surface coastal waters and chalk cherish. 


And then I did a sparkling canvas, although it's not so clear from the picture!  I crackle painted a canvas a while ago, and didn't have a purpose for it at that stage.  When I got the tv samples through, I knew immediately that it needed the Dandelion!  I painted roughly, leaving patches, with Serene chalk paint, over the crackle.  I then added the daisy stencil in legacy chalk paint, and put Neon Blue Glamour dust paint in the centres of the dandelion heads.  I stamped with Andy's scratches stamp (Toxic Set) in places,distressed the panel slightly with paynes grey, made it look chipped all around the edges with paint on my fingers, and then coated the whole canvas in Ice Crystal Glamour dust, for a very subtle, gorgeous glitter effect.


I hope you like these, I had fun making them!  I will try and share some more soon.

Best Wishes,

Nikki
xx

Products Used:
DecoArt
Stencils - Scribble, Daisy Chain, Dandelion
20z Chalk paints - restore, legacy, serene, lace, romance, cherish, Americana Decor Crackle medium.
Multi-surface - Coastal Waters
Dazzling Metallics - Venetian Gold
DecoArt Media - Paynes Grey, Crackle paint.
GlamourDust Paint - Neon Blue, Ice Crystal
(A lot of these available in the UK from Tando Creative)
Tando Creative - media boards, hearts, wings, tags.

4 comments:

  1. These are so cool and very gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I forgot to say 'Happy New Year ' Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris, thank you :) Happy New Year too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab samples. gutted i missed the shows. happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.