Pages

Friday 4 November 2016

Craft Stamper Magazine TIMI Challenge - November - Take a Stamp

Morning everyone,

Today is Craft Stamper Magazine's November challenge launch, and this month it's just 'Take a Stamp'.  This means any stamped creation (with a physical stamp), we'd love to see your entries, so hop over to the blog and take a look at the Design Team's inspiration, and get entering, there are fab prizes to be won as well.

Our sponsor this month is: The Artistic Stamper, and the prize is this lovely Mushroom stamp set.  Our random winner will receive this.




And our winner as picked by the DT will get a Guest spot in the magazine and blog, showcasing their work.

My inspiration this month is an old book cover, that I found at a car boot, and asked the bemused lady 'how much'.  As it was only a cover, I think she thought I was mad, and told me to take it away..

So 'The Calculating Cobbler'  became a base for a layered piece of artwork inspired by the lovely Tracy Weinzapfel Stratton.  (I kept the cover as the reverse, hence you can see gesso peeking over from the other side).


I first punched out some circles of text and glued them to my base, to give texture.  Then painted in shade's of teal and orange.  I layered this, and when I thought I was happy with my base, was going to use a different stamp altogether.  When it came to stamping it I dropped the stamp on the background, and double stamped the image, thus 'ruining' my work.  But as we know in art there are no accidents, so I set about layering more teal and orange paint, to cover where I had stamped, but some still shows through and I loved my new base.
When dry I added Totally Tracy texture stamp, in teal, then black to area's of the canvas.


 I used Andy Skinner's Codebreaker stencil as well.  The flower stamps are all Tracy's.  They were stamped onto rice paper, cut out and adhered to the base, then painted with DecoArt Media paints. A liner brush was used to draw the stems and round the petals again, and white dots added with my trusty acrylic sharpie.


The sentiment was added and my little panel is finished.


Hope you like it.




Don't forget to check out the Craft Stamper Challenge, and join in with us this month.  It's so much fun and the prizes are well worth it!

Best Wishes,
Nikki
xxx








7 comments:

  1. Lovely Nikki! Suz (Aka Surrey Crafts). X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Nikki! Suz (Aka Surrey Crafts). X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous make Nikki, love the colours, design and depth you have achieved xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous ..... love all the detail and the colours look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.