Pages

Saturday 16 July 2016

Mega excited and proud! - PaperArtsy 3UP..

Hi everyone, 

A couple of months ago I was picked to join in with a secret blog.  Today it's here, and  I am super proud to be a part of the PaperArtsy 3UP blog!

Once we accepted the mission, we joined a secret facebook group, and met our fellow posters for the same evening, and had chance to chat about our makes and colours, and get to know each other.  Then we just had to keep it a secret until this week :)

If you head to the main page, you will see all that's been going on over the past week or so, and my team mates posts for today as well, you can also see their pieces over on their own blogs too.

My inspiration piece was using the PaperArtsy HotPicks stamps, and 'crayons'.  I used Portfolio's, they are lovely and rich and creamy and blend beautifully.  And the colours were right up my street!

I first gesso'd the background in white, and added some texture through a circels stencil, so the colours of the crayons popped on top.  I randomly added the crayon in different colour patches, and just blended them gently with my fingers, it didn't take much, they work really well.  On top of this the background was stamped in toning inks, stazon pumpkin and cherry blossom pink, and then I stamped in gesso to bring in the white elements and versafine black ink for the rest.


The tag was made in exactly the same way, crayon then stamping, and I absolutely loved the butterflies and steampunk moth's on the Hot Picks stamp sets I was given to work with, and the sentiment too.  These have now already become a firm favourite stamp set for me, and are turning into a bit of a 'go to' set.  I do have a good few of PaperArtsy's stamp sets, but luckily didn't have any of these and I'm over the moon with them.

I stamped the steampunk moth onto separate card, and fussy cut out, to anchor the tag at the bottom and lead up at the top.  I stamped him on the page first so he still had his antennae, as I'm a bit rubbish at cutting things that fine!  


I layered the tag up, and added a dark shadow around the edge to make it stand out a little from the background, you can remove the tag still as I used pads, I thought if I liked it separately I could do something different or change it up, or use the tag on a card at a later date.  The sentiment was edged with versafine, and cut out and layered on pads also.  The butterflies were curled and added with pinflair glue, and they are coloured in the portfolio crayons, but I embossed them with versafine and clear embossing powder to make them stand out.


So you can see I created a VERY bright and busy journal cover, but I like it, I think it's happy.  I hope you can join us on the PaperArtsy blog, and check out Chris and Donna's pieces tonight also.  


Look forward to hearing from you,

Best Wishes,

Nikki
xx

17 comments:

  1. Nikki this is gorgeous!! what a lovely way to end off the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love these colours Nikki. They are my go to colours so it was hard to not use them this time! You've done a fabulous job with the stamps you were given. You've created a gorgeous art journal cover and I really love that tag. It's been great fun teaming up with you and Donna and sharing our art. Hope we get to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your journal page Nikki - really bright, lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. A joyful, happy creation. Love the crayon work on the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Nikki, this looks fab, so cheerful, you are the lucky last of the #3UP, you must have the most patience!! LOL Thanks for being part of such a great week! ~Leandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder this makes you smile Nikki, it's so bright and cheerful! It may be busy but the composition is spot on and I love it! Wonderful contribution to tonight's #3Up post.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. it turned out fabulous, bright, happy and an inspirational place to go when you want to make more pages of art. i would be happy to work in a journal like this. thanks for all your hard work. ~Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. it turned out fabulous, bright, happy and an inspirational place to go when you want to make more pages of art. i would be happy to work in a journal like this. thanks for all your hard work. ~Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vibrant energy this gives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page Nikki, so bright and colourful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful stuff Nikki - beautiful and bright and bold - love it! So pleased to have been a 3upper with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful stuff Nikki - beautiful and bright and bold - love it! So pleased to have been a 3upper with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely adore the colours on your creation Nikki, so happy and vibrant and beautifully pulled together. Was fab having you as a teamie too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowwwww, what a beautiful page. Fantastic!
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colour selection Nikki, very calming. Beautiful creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nikki, you did an amazing job with your stamps! What a gorgeous collage with such beautiful colors! So happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.