Pages

Monday 4 April 2016

Rusty old spoon..

Morning,

Just wanted to share with you a necklace I've made this weekend.  Hope you all had a good weekend by the way, it went too quick for me as I worked sunday so it seems like it's just a continuation of the week now.

I like making necklaces from spoons.  But I like making the spoons look rusty even more!  I used Andy Skinner's Decoart rust technique again for this, I love this technique sooooo much!  (Probably a bit too much...)  I've included a link so you can find the tutorial.

I then used the masterboard that I previously created in blue's and yellow's and shimmer misters from the Decoart Media range, for my last piece - Hope, the art doll.  I had some card left over that was painted, and was perfect to doodle some tiny flowers on and cut them out.

The flowers were then sealed front, back and sides, with some Slap it On matte, and glued to the spoon.  I put a first layer of Diamond Resin on, and left to dry overnight.  I repeated this process with more flowers and cogs, so it gave the piece dimension.

I will at some stage make a kumihimo necklace to go through it, but just hung it on a simple black rubber cord for now.


I hope you like it.  This is my entry for the Tracy side of the 'Skinzapfel' challenge, between Andy Skinner & Tracy Weinzapfel Stratton.  You can find details on their respective facebook groups.

I'm off now to try and make something less 'rusty'...  for my upcoming demonstrations at Ministry of Mixology this weekend, it's going to be a blast!

See you soon,

Best Wishes,

Nikki
xx




7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea. I love this Nikki :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea. I love this Nikki :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely idea. I'm also one of those I-just-can't-throw-anything-in-the-garbage-gals! Thanks for the inspiration!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love the design. I am loving the rust effect at the moment.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! So unique, I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so lucky to have seen the actual altered spoon - it is even more beautiful in real life! Beautiful work Nikki! Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.