Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Caution!

Morning all,

Well it was going to be just a quick post today, just wanted to share a fun card I made recently.  I had an idea when I saw Andy Skinner's Toxic stamp set.

But before that... I have some news....


I'm so proud and happy to say I am now a Decoart Helping Artist, I had confirmation last night from Decoart and I'm absolutely made up to be part of the scheme.  You'll notice a shiny new badge on the side of my blog.  So I will be bringing you a lot more projects and ways to use Decoart products, in my usual style of course, and will be getting out there with workshops and demo's too.

I'm currently doing a 'happy dance', so it's probably just as well this isn't live or on video....

Now back on to my 'quick' make..

The background was created using Andy's rust technique (No 3), but to create the cogs, I used a stencil, and Decoart modelling paste, to make the cog background.  I then coated the background and some of the cogs with Decoart Texture sand paste, to give a rough feel, and made some of the edges higher with my fingers.  The rust was then applied.


The layer behind the rust, is plumber's aluminium foil tape, applied to a square of card slightly larger than the rust piece.  I then passed it through an industrial style embossing folder, to make the metal effect.  It was too shiny, so a few layers of carbon black were applied and wiped back with a baby wipe, to age the metal.


I painted another piece of card with a mix of primary yellow, and pyrrole red, to get the vibrant orange colour used for the Caution sign.  That was stamped in black Versafine.  I also stamped the scratches stamp from the same set over it, to age it slightly.  It's cut out and layered onto the rust background.  The rest of the sentiment was computer printed, I just thought it worked well.  I aged it with raw umber before glueing to the card.


The outside frame is just a lovely washi tape I had, and fitted with the industrial feel of the card.



Have a good day,

Best Wishes,

Nikki
xx


24 comments:

  1. This is fantastic news Nikki and the card is so lush!!!! I'm doing the happy dance too, for you!!! yay!!! love n hugs, Maxine xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! So happy for you. I love this card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations darling! Suz (AKA Surrey Crafts!) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, that is indeed exciting news, and well worth a happy dance xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to have you on board Nikki! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy to be 'on board' :) Thank you Andy. x

      Delete
  6. Wonderful news and a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I'm enraptured with Andy's rust technique. p.s. I think a happy dance video would be most appropriate under the circumstances- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh no, you don't wanna see me dance... lol. Thanks hun. xxx

      Delete
  8. Well first up, HUGE congratulations Nikki - and well done! I am thrilled for you, although, not entirely surprised, you are a wonderful artist. I will have to settle to doing a 'happy hobble' at this end - lol.

    I love what you made too, the rust looks superb! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are ok lovely, and thank you. xxx

      Delete
    2. Hope you are ok lovely, and thank you. xxx

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome news! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Massive congrats lovely so very well deserved....... Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Such a masculine , grunge look. And congratulation for your achievement, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.