Pages

Friday 10 October 2014

Craft Stamper - Take it Make it October Challenge Reminder.

Hi all,

Halfway through the month again, and time for a little reminder of the Craft Stamper Challenge this month.  The theme is multicolour stamping, so get those ink pads or paints out, or anything you like to stamp with, mix up the colours on your stamp, and away you go!

We'd love to see your entries, and there is ton's of inspiration for you on the Craft Stamper blog, and now on the DT's reminder post here.

This is my take, and of course, as it's October, a little pumpkin wouldn't go amiss now would it?




I used watercolour paper to stamp my stamp addicts Tim Holtz pumpkin on, I love these stamps.  I used Stayzon ink in pumpkin (yes really), zesty orange, and olive green, to multicolour stamp the image.  I then used distress markers and a waterbrush to colour the image.  I flicked some distress markers across the page in different colours too, and added shading under the pumpkin.

Next I got my sewing machine out, I'll rephrase that... Next, I unpacked my sewing machine that I've had since April and never used...

And look!  I worked it out!  I stitched the pumpkin to some music paper that I had gesso'ed to fade it a bit.  I trapped some twine between the two layers.  This was then layered onto black corrugated card, and the resin embellishment added.  It's using pebeo Fantasy moon and fantasy prism paints, and some watch pieces, covered in resin.

The little sentiment was added, it's a wooden stamp I have, not sure who by, and the piece of wire that wrapped up my sewing machine lead was twisted, and added in the corner!  It's all layered onto a distressed piece of kraft cardstock, and then a dark brown card blank.

Hop across to the Craft Stamper Challenge to see lot's more inspiration from the DT, and don't forget to join us, we really do love to see your work, and the prizes are brill too!

Have a great weekend,

Best Wishes,

Nikki K.
xx


4 comments:

  1. Well what a spooktacular card! Love the colours and the Gesso over the music paper looks cool! So does the sewing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pumpkin pumpkin :) and that gorgeous little bezel! Well done on un-packing the sewing machine!! Have a fab weekend, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon.... love it Nikky! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheap ray bans outlet with the time ray bans outlet cheap of day to do the final preparations for the exam. cheap feel exam just need to go on the trip with the stationery, the day after a holiday from school cheap ray bans outlet textbooks to put their own course, cheap ray bans outlet this is more tactful to say, in fact, two residues of the above fuzzy bear has been buried for cheap ray ban sunglasses outlet cheap ray bans outlet thousands of .

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.