Pages

Friday 12 September 2014

Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge Reminder - September - Tissue Stamping.

Hi everyone,

It's reminder time over on the Craft Stamper Challenge blog, and this month's theme is Tissue paper stamping.

I didn't realise there was so much you could do with this technique, but the Design Team have certainly opened my eyes, I'm blown away!

We would love to see your take on the technique too, hop across and join us, you still have plenty of time.

My DT piece is a canvas that I made at a day with Hels Sheridan.  I put my own twist on the piece, although it is definitely inspired by Hels.  I used my own stamp in the centre panel, the Hero Arts bird, forgotten his name though, naughty of me!

If you ever get the chance to go on one of Hels workshops, it's a fab day filled with fun!

The bird, butterfly and other stamping is all done on tissue paper, and beeswax is used to seal it to the canvas, which gives a lovely soft sheen to the piece.  Mica is added at the end and brushed over the wax, it just gives a little shimmer.  I added my own embellishments to this one, as I hadn't been sure what I wanted on it for a while!



All that's left to say is hop over to the Blog challenge and have a go!

Best Wishes,

Nikki
xxx


8 comments:

  1. Love this Nikki .... that little birdie is sooo cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Nikki..in love with your birdie!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've taken the inspiration from Hels and put your own twist on it. This is grungy and gorgeous Nikki! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous project, it's very inspiring.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheap ray ban sunglasses cheap squeezed cheap ray ban sunglasses out a smile, but his eyes did not escape the sadness cheap eyes. cheap mesh now cheap ray ban sunglasses Double Vision, already clearly cheap ray bans see that a miserable, then my heart a pain, suddenly feeling every two well away. He has always been thick-skinned like steel, but this time too timid, only far cheap ray ban sunglasses looked discount ray ban sunglasses cheap, overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.