Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge Reminder June - Bleach Blocking.

Hi all, Craft Stamper have a reminder post up on the blog for the Take it, Make it Challenge for June, which is Bleach blocking - without the bleach!  This is a technique created by Hels Sheridan, and is in this month's Craft Stamper Magazine.

It's a matter of covering some card with different colours of distress ink, blending them as you go.  Then take a piece of cut & dry, or your distress tool, and wet the sponge.  Lay the wet sponge on area's of your coloured card for 10 seconds or more, then lift and blot.  This lightens the colour and leaves blocks where it takes the colour out. Repeat all over where you want lighter patches.  You can overlap this stage.

I chose to make this tag, and once I had dried it off a little, |I used the diamond stencil from Indigoblu and some mowed lawn distress ink to go over the background to add interest.

I stamped Jane from Indigoblu in black Memento ink, and when dry, used a tiny paintbrush to remove some of the ink with a bit of water, from her eye area, which makes it stand out more.  The sentiment is from Alice II, and just fitted nicely.  I then stamped with my new favourite toy (a piece of lego), in white Gee Sso good, to make dots on the tag.  A final touch with a promarker to her lips, and she was done.  The ribbon was some fluffy wool, which I just used both colour distress inks on to colour it.



Hop across and join in the challenge, and see all the great entries here: 

We love to see your makes, and you could get published in the magazine!

Have a good week,

Best Wishes,

Nikki K. xx



3 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, love, love, love this! Bleaching out her eyes like that looks fab and I love the 'Lego' stamping ..... very clever. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly beautiful Nikki!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikki! I thought I'd come over to let you know how much I love your card for July's challenge at Craft Stamper. I have found some other gorgeous and very inspiring creations on your blog so I have joined your followers! :) Best wishes, Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.