Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

New Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Monthly Challenge - March 2014

Morning everyone,

You might have seen that I shared some news on Facebook earlier in the week, that I had been asked to join a great new Design Team over at Craft Stamper magazine, for the Take it, Make it Challenge.

Today the challenge is open, and will be monthly from now on, with a fantastic team to inspire you each month.  I am in awe of the talent on the team, and can't believe I made it!

So this is my interpretation of the theme - Monoprinting.  We were asked to take an acrylic block, 'smoosh' it with paint, turn it on to a suitable substrate, and use the resulting prints we made in a card or artwork of our choice, and in any way.

I used some gold acrylic paint I had, and Indigoblu's Cottage paints in Winberry Pie and Grandma's Teacup.  I love these paints as they are so high in polymers they print brilliantly, and come out nice and smooth. The colours are pretty fab too!


As I had plenty of my printed background left, I decided to die cut lot's and lots of Tim Holtz Tattered Florals, and layer them with stamping.  I used 'Beautiful Mind', and the words from the 'Boadicea' stamp plates from Indigoblu.  The female phrenology head made a lovely base for her hair to be made of flowers.

I coloured some brad's with alcohol inks, to make the centre of the flowers.  The words were stamped on little pieces of leftover background, cut out and inked around the edges with stazon in Midnight blue, the same as the main piece.  I used M|idnight blue and Gothic purple to stamp the main image, words and chemistry signs on the flowers.

This is the finished piece, I love the subtle glow of the gold through the muted colours.


So come and join us in the Take it, Make it Craft Stamper Challenge, show us your Monoprints, remember it doesn't have to be a background, all we need is monoprinting somewhere on your artwork, and of course, rubber stamping.

Have fun!

Best Wishes,

Nikki K
xx

6 comments:

  1. I love her hair! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beauty Nikki, love her pretty hair!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikki, The gold highlights sets this off beautifully! Love your creativity!!! What a great idea for the tattered florals set too.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that soft background and how you made the flowers with the excess. My hair looks like that before I get the GHDs on it :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nikki, she ....is .....beautiful! Love the hair..... clever idea using the flowers. great colours too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.