Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

More pictures. .

Hi everyone, hope you all had a lovely Easter Sunday.  As I took pictures in the dark nearly last night, I thought I'd upload a couple more of the tag I made yesterday, so you can see the distress ink technique better and the resin.

 
Can you see the lovely pattern using Dettol spray on the distress ink left?  It was funny, I couldn't find my water spritzer and as I was working in the conservatory and not my workshop upstairs, (I seem to be spreading out around the house), and so the Dettol was the first thing I could find with a spray nozzle in the kitchen.  It sort of raised itself on the tag, and almost bleached out some of the colour. 

You can see the shine on the Ice Resin in the lovely fob bezel, and the detail in the tiny tag and key.

IndigoBlu are recommended distributors of Ice Resin in the UK, if you fancy having a go with it, it's a brilliantly clear resin, jewellers grade, and is easy to mix and to use - don't be frightened by the thought of using resins, it's not like it used to be.  It's very low odour, and non-toxic.  It's a tiny bit sticky when you spill it, but hey, we all make mistakes!

 
Well, hope you like the tag, I certainly had fun making it.  I have a little birdhouse project on the go at the moment, and will be back this week with progress pics, but I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it, I have the base colours down, but I've got a little stuck. 
 
 

 

I'll explain the techniques and products used soon!   More to come on this one, not sure what to stamp next. . .
 
Have fun whatever you are doing, see you soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to visit. I really appreciate your time and comments.